Galaxy Note 4 stuck in reboot loop, what is the problem?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Here is the situation: My phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 4) turns on and works perfectly fine if I am do not click on any app.

Then say I click on some app. If I try to press too many things in too short an interval of time, then my phone restarts itself. Also if I clicked to turn on data or WiFi, then the phone reboots regardless of whether I select an app or not. When the reboot is complete, it displays a much lower battery level than it had when it turned off. Then it reboots again, and continues a few times until the battery hits 0%. Then I need to charge it up.

(*) if my phone was plugged into a charger, then this does not happen - it never reboots, and never has any issues. But if I keep it plugged into a charger all day, it effectively is no longer a smart phone, but is more of a desktop PC

Questions:

What is wrong with this phone? How can I find out what is wrong? Can it be fixed? If so, how?

Note: I am a novice, I don't know much about technology other than how to use my device for day to day stuff. It is not rooted or anything like that.

user1421524

Apr 17, 2018
Visit site
I am the person that posted this question (but had not created an account yet at the time). I have experimented further with this, and found that the phone seems to work perfectly fine if I keep wifi and data off. The moment I turn one of these on and then try to do anything, the problem described above occurs. As a result of this discovery, I don't think your answer will solve anything for me, since the battery works well when wifi/data are off.

user1421524

Apr 17, 2018
Visit site
Ok I tried this and it did not work. I held both buttons down, and the words "Samsung galaxy note 4" appeared as usual. Then the samsung logo began to appear. The first 3 letters, SAM, appeared before the phone rebooted back to the "Samsung galaxy note 4" screen.

user1421524

Apr 17, 2018
Visit site
Update: I visited a Samsung repair store where they concluded it was a hardware issue (I forget the specific word they used).

If any future reader is interested, this replacement would cost £200, so does not represent value for money in my opinion.