Samsung S9+: No option to move images to SD Card

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Samsung S9+: No option to move images to SD Card.
The only option available is to move to secure folder. Can anyone help me out here?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Use My Files. Find the images, copy them, go to the card (to whatever folder you want to put them in) and paste. To maintain everyone's sanity, try to keep the folders you put them in inside the DCIM folder - that's where pictures go. (And if it's more than a few pictures, make a nice folder structure - by month, by trip, by subject - something.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's not clear if the OP is asking for the Camera to automatically save photos to the SD card. If so, open the Camera app, go to its settings, and look for a Default Storage Location option.

CliffyRosi

Jun 3, 2019
Visit site
I am having the same issue. When attempting to copy my photos or videos to an inserted SD card... the only options I get when selecting the three ... for menu are to copy to Secure Folder or Compress... I do not get the Move, Copy, Details, etc... that all online videos show. And if I use the going into gallery and selecting photos and videos to move and create a new folder inside the SD card, it copies, maybe 10 photos, even though many were chosen. What is going on? Any assistance would be awesome... and if a solution has already been discovered, please share. Thanks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am having the same issue. When attempting to copy my photos or videos to an inserted SD card... the only options I get when selecting the three ... for menu are to copy to Secure Folder or Compress... I do not get the Move, Copy, Details, etc... that all online videos show. And if I use the going into gallery and selecting photos and videos to move and create a new folder inside the SD card, it copies, maybe 10 photos, even though many were chosen. What is going on? Any assistance would be awesome... and if a solution has already been discovered, please share. Thanks.
You need to go my files , internal storage >DCIM folder will be your picture then select the ones you want moved to sd card

Last edited:

Auellynxx

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
Just figured it out.
1. First go to your actual camera app and then go to settings and switch your Storage location from Internal Storage to SD Card.
2. Then just take a random photo. (This will create a new folder in your gallery with an SD icon showing where all your future photos will be saved)
3. Finally go to your gallery, go to your camera folder, hold on one pic until the option ALL appears in the top corner. When you click it, go to the settings in your gallery, you can select move to album and pick the one that was created with the SD icon. Then all those photos will copy over to your SD card. :)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Just figured it out.
1. First go to your actual camera app and then go to settings and switch your Storage location from Internal Storage to SD Card.
2. Then just take a random photo. (This will create a new folder in your gallery with an SD icon showing where all your future photos will be saved)
3. Finally go to your gallery, go to your camera folder, hold on one pic until the option ALL appears in the top corner. When you click it, go to the settings in your gallery, you can select move to album and pick the one that was created with the SD icon. Then all those photos will copy over to your SD card. :)
Hi, welcome !
Yes there is a option in the camera app to automatically send to SD card instead of internal storage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol