Guys I dropped my samsung s8 in water and water entered phone via broken sim tray.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hey guys few days ago I accidentaly broke my sim/sdcard tray and then yesterday I dropped my phone in water so water entered in phone via that broken sim tray and now my phone(samsung s8) is overheating and due to overheat it is not charging and the speaker is also not working completely! And it shows that I have earphones plugged in( but I did'nt) so guys please help me out what shoul I do?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you have a backup of any data you need to have. That phone will stop working sooner or later (more likely sooner). At this point the damage is likely done, any remediation needs to be implemented relatively quickly for the best chances of success. We do have an ambassador's guide on this - https://forums.androidcentral.com/a...-tos/477140-guide-oh-no-my-phone-got-wet.html

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.