Poor signal/reception on note 8... VERY FRUSTRATING

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi there,

First time asking a question here. I'm having signal/reception problems with my note 8. It's got to the stage now where I think the next logical step is to sell the phone. With the mobile network settings set on (4g/3g/2g - auto connect) the phone will have horrendous signal. Calls are dropping, people are complaining my speech is staggered/stuttering, the phone is unusable. I have one bar of signal in most places especially in my office where other Vodaphone contract holders are getting a perfect reception and strong 4g connection on phones like the iPhone 5s. My phone always selects 4g and always gives me a poor reception. I can still search things on the internet quite efficiently but call quality is beyond poor.

If I select the phone to run on 3g/2g auto connect then the phones reception begins to improve, on 2g only the phone gets full reception and call quality is perfect. Obviously this is not practical though, I need to be on the internet with strong speeds all day for work. Basically it would seem like it is not auto switching but always selecting 4g.

Sorry if this doesn't make too much sense, I'm really not that good with technology and thus an android phone may not have been the best choice. Just want to be able to shove the SIM in the phone and get on with using it, not have to worry about all the settings constantly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What's the exact model number (in Settings>About Phone)? Did you get it directly from Vodafone? If you didn't get the phone directly from the carrier, there's always a possibility that the phone doesn't fully support the carrier's network bands, which can lead to more unreliable connections.

TobiassW

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
Not new, have suffered with it for months but thought it was pass and could be engineering works with Vodaphone or something. Unfortunately not the case. Took it to the gym yesterday and the best connection I could get was 'H'. This resulted in full signal (ideal). Back at work today and the phone has selected 4g and thus am getting awful reception. Think i'll run it to my nearest Samsung support centre on the weekend.

Toni Stewart1

Jul 19, 2018
Visit site
So have I and it's the most Frustrating thing ever! This is the only note that I have really struggled with this with. I got mine from Sprint and I have always had the little Sprint booster tower in my home it doesn't work with that either What a bum deal for such an expensive phone

Toni Stewart1

Jul 19, 2018
Visit site
I have been trying to find a solution for a while now I still have not found one I'm very disappointed because this is an expensive phone and I actually have a signal booster in my home from Sprint and it does not help boost the signal on this note it did on the others but not this one

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante