I got the P20 on Sunday from the Moto G4 Plus (loaned to me from the Galaxy S4) but I have one big problem so far. I rarely use my camera on Facebook Messenger but it seems like I can only properly send photos with the rear facing cameras and I can't send front facing camera photos directly from Messenger. For further details, there are two buttons on the bottom, one on each side - 'Save' (on the left) and 'Send' (on the right). Taking a rear camera photo has these show up but taking a front camera photo does not, also taking a photo in the front camera and then going back freezes the app forcing you to stop and start the app again.

I have no idea where this comes from personally but it's really annoying, personally I am posting this out so Huawei and Facebook find this and hopefully fix it in a future update of theirs. I also have screenshots providing what I get when this problem happens but for some reason posting an imgur link considers this post spam.

It isn't a big problem for me personally and at first I thought the software buttons were a problem, I disabled them and even reinstalled Messenger and the problem still persists so I am kind of at a loss. If there are any workarounds I would appreciate hearing them and thank you in advance.
    04-18-2018 03:04 PM
    Same on P20 pro.
    04-27-2018 11:11 AM
    I have a p20 pro.

Tried restarting the phone as well, it did not help

Seems that the camera intermittently works.

Tried using other messaging Apps (e.g. whatsapp, viber) seems theres no issue

Any contact for Huawei support?
    05-07-2018 06:26 AM
    I got the P20 on Sunday from the Moto G4 Plus (loaned to me from the Galaxy S4) but I have one big problem so far. I rarely use my camera on Facebook Messenger but it seems like I can only properly send photos with the rear facing cameras and I can't send front facing camera photos directly from Messenger. For further details, there are two buttons on the bottom, one on each side - 'Save' (on the left) and 'Send' (on the right). Taking a rear camera photo has these show up but taking a front camera photo does not, also taking a photo in the front camera and then going back freezes the app forcing you to stop and start the app again.

I have no idea where this comes from personally but it's really annoying, personally I am posting this out so Huawei and Facebook find this and hopefully fix it in a future update of theirs. I also have screenshots providing what I get when this problem happens but for some reason posting an imgur link considers this post spam.

It isn't a big problem for me personally and at first I thought the software buttons were a problem, I disabled them and even reinstalled Messenger and the problem still persists so I am kind of at a loss. If there are any workarounds I would appreciate hearing them and thank you in advance.
    I just tried, using the AR effects on the Messenger app for the front camera and it worked but well your face look funny though
    05-07-2018 09:07 AM
    i got my P20 last night, everything was fine but can't use front camera with messenger app either, sucks tbh, a good phone with bad compatible apps or something like that?
    05-11-2018 04:13 PM
    Hi All,

I am Matt ;-)

Exactly the same problem for me. I bougth my P20 friday 11th may and all works well in any apps just in Facebook messenger i can't send pic taked with the frontal camera!

Did you find any solution?

Thanks to answer.

Matt
    05-13-2018 08:02 AM
    i guess we should all wait for the messenger app upgrade this week, if you guys try "messenger lite" you can take selfies, i thought first the problem was the cely but it's the american apps who don't match the chinese phones.
    05-15-2018 08:06 PM
    Anyone find a solution to this? P20 here, same problem now.
    06-18-2018 06:32 PM