Unfortunately I have a stupid phone Samsung J7 with only 16gb yea I know i know, upgrade but not able to now. Anyways stupid phone only has 16gb and SD card of 16 as well. Clearly not enough for me cause every time I turn around telling no storage and delete apps or files. Well how do u know what files to delete or move to SD card? I ask this cause I one nite thought I was all techy and smart so took all files from device and moved to SD card, Smdh needless to say has to get replacement cause nothing work. Lol so pls tell me how to get more storage without buying more or upgrading.
    04-19-2018 12:46 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Don't move files or folders randomly -- apps and the system expect them to be where they put them. See this guide for tips on how to maximize you internal storage: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-warnings.html
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-19-2018 01:24 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

The only files that are safe to move and/or delete are the files YOU have put on the phone.

Copy these to the SD card, verify the copy was successful, delete the originals off the internal storage:
    photos, videos, music, documents

In the individual apps that use lots of data space, check their settings to see if they let you move their data to the SD card: camera, maps, GPS, games, email.

Check the amount of email and text messages you have on the phone. These are often stored in protected folders on the internal storage that you do not have access to.
    B. Diddy and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-19-2018 01:26 PM
    The only files that are safe to move and/or delete are the files YOU have put on the phone.
    I agree -- and this means only discrete files like media or documents. It doesn't mean that you can move a data directory created by an app you installed.
    Laura Knotek and ManiacJoe like this.
    04-19-2018 02:33 PM