Can't connect WiFi on mobile

Isabel Gerber

Apr 2, 2018
Visit site
I recently changed my router password after that I can't connect to WiFi on mobile. Its Motorola droid. when I try to connect its just connect and disconnect. not giving forget option

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Which Droid model do you have and which way are you trying to forget that network? See if you find this option in settings - WiFi - saved networks.

If you can't find it post a screenshot of your WiFi settings and we'll try to figure it out.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That's weird! You could try the same steps after restarting the phone. Tell us which phone and android version you have and post a screenshot of the 'forget network' screen.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
the forget and modify option comes when WiFi connected. the problem is connection is not stable disconnecting within a second.
Ah, ok. Those steps only work when WiFi is ON and the network is at range. Strange that you can't keep the connection for the short time required for this process.

In recent android versions there's an easy way to forget connections while out of range, but I'm not sure if this will work for KitKat. Worth a try though. Switch WiFi off - go to settings - WiFi and look for the 'saved networks' options. It could be hidden under the overflow menu (three dots top right - advanced) or a similar 'more' option.

As I mentioned before, take a screenshot of your WiFi settings screen and post it here.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It may cause a little work, but connect to your router with one of your other phones or computers and change the name - add a digit or a letter to it. Then you'll have to reconnect all your other devices (including the one you used to change that).

Then your phone won't have any connection for that (new) network and you can set it up using the new password (the one you changed to that caused all this to start).

midnightfrolic

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
your devices usually keeps a list of wifi it has ever connected to, including the password.

if you've changed your wifi password, but not the name, your device will try to connect to that WiFi network using the old password it has stored.

you will need to tell your devices to forget the WiFi network. then reconnect again using the new password.

You may need to press and hold the WiFi name and it may give you option to forget.

Otherwise normally you'd go to wifi settings, and checked saved networks or manage wifi or something to that effect.

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
It may cause a little work, but connect to your router with one of your other phones or computers and change the name - add a digit or a letter to it. Then you'll have to reconnect all your other devices (including the one you used to change that).

Then your phone won't have any connection for that (new) network and you can set it up using the new password (the one you changed to that caused all this to start).
TWIS