My friend gave me her old Samsung Galaxy J1 & when I turned it on it was telling me to login to the previous samsung account please tell me if i can flash it by odin or herd reset it or reset it to where i can sign into my own samsung account??? please help i need this phone to be fixed and i really have to figure out how to unlock it
    04-20-2018 08:33 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! That's a security measure. As your friend for her Samsung account so that you can log into the phone. Then go to Settings>Accounts and remove all old accounts, and then do a factory reset.
    04-20-2018 10:33 PM
    What if I'm not able to recover the previously synced Samsung account ? My friend told me her kids dad set up her phone. She said she was calling & texting him asking him for the info for the Samsung account but he didnt reply & she doesnt know what emil he used to set up the Samsung account on the phone.
    04-21-2018 09:53 AM
    So again I believe I'd either have to flash the firmware & wipe the phone completely & try it that way. Or some other way please I have to fix this phone its the only working phone I have right now I'm just trying to get it unlocked.
    04-21-2018 09:55 AM
    Nope - it wouldn't be a very secure security measure if it were that simple, would it?

If she brings it into the carrier with ID proving it's her account, they can unlock it.
    04-21-2018 12:25 PM
    There's no way round a phone lock other than with the cooperation of the person who created it.

Edit: Posted same moment as previous post.
    04-21-2018 12:26 PM
    Although I'm sure your situation is legitimate, the problem is that any solution hack to this could help others steal a phone more easily. As a general policy, we don't allow discussions about this, so this thread will be closed. Your primary solution is still to get in touch with the person who previously owned the phone. Sorry, and good luck!
    04-22-2018 12:51 PM