Many apps are freezing and restarting when scrolling.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Especially happening with Gmail, Youtube and sometimes other apps. Sometimes the error message is something like "java out of memory" sometimes it is "anr input dispatching timed out".

This happens all the time but especially happens when the mail got some attachments and i am scrolling or scrolling through comments on Youtube. Scrolling gets really laggy and eventually freezes.

Clearing caches have not helped.
All the apps and android is up to date and stock.

Any help would be really helpful because my phone is literally useless like this.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 64GB

danaburnu

Apr 21, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say you cleared caches, do you mean app caches or the system cache partition? If you haven't done the latter, give that a try: XIAOMI Mi Max 2 - Recovery Mode - HardReset.info

I am really glad you replied, i meant app caches. I tried to clear the system cache partition now but that screen i got after hard reset only got one option for clearing anything and it's clear all data. :/

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, it's annoying when a phone manufacturer doesn't let the user wipe the cache.:-\

You sent me a PM and mentioned that this is one of the error messages you get:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Failed to allocate a 44 byte allocation with 3976 free bytes and 3KB until OOM
at java.util.HashMap.resize(HashMap.java:511)
at java.util.HashMap.addEntry(HashMap.java:808)
at java.util.LinkedHashMap.addEntry(LinkedHashMap.jav a:464)
at java.util.HashMap.put(HashMap.java:436)
at org.json.JSONObject.put(JSONObject.java:264)
at com.android.mail.providers.Attachment.a(SourceFile :17)
at com.android.mail.providers.Attachment.a(SourceFile :5)
at com.android.mail.browse.MessageFooterView.b(Source File:15)
at com.android.mail.browse.MessageFooterView.onLoadFi nished(SourceFile:8)
at android.app.LoaderManagerImpl$LoaderInfo.callOnLoa dFinished(LoaderManager.java:489)
at android.app.LoaderManagerImpl$LoaderInfo.onLoadCom plete(LoaderManager.java:457)
at android.content.Loader.deliverResult(Loader.java:1 44)
at android.content.CursorLoader.deliverResult(CursorL oader.java:109)
at android.content.CursorLoader.deliverResult(CursorL oader.java:97)
at android.content.AsyncTaskLoader.dispatchOnLoadComp lete(AsyncTaskLoader.java:265)
at android.content.AsyncTaskLoader$LoadTask.onPostExe cute(AsyncTaskLoader.java:92)
at android.os.AsyncTask.finish(AsyncTask.java:667)
at android.os.AsyncTask.-wrap1(AsyncTask.java)
at android.os.AsyncTask$InternalHandler.handleMessage (AsyncTask.java:684)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:10 2)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:163)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.jav a:6372)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCa ller.run(ZygoteInit.java:901)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit .java:791)

I'm not sure what to make of this. I'd suggest booting into Safe Mode as well, but from what I can find on the web, it also sounds like Xiaomi removed that very basic feature from the phone as well. You might just have to back up your important data, then do a factory reset. When setting the phone back up, make sure you don't automatically reinstall your previous apps. Then see if the problems persist. If they don't, then reinstall apps one by one to see if the problem comes back.

danaburnu

Apr 21, 2018
Visit site
Bad news, i got mad and did a factory reset without even getting a back up. Result; there are no error messages so far, but scrolling through mails still looks insanely laggy. I bet after just a week of regular use, problem will appear again just like how it started in the beginning. This is just so bad...

danaburnu

Apr 21, 2018
Visit site
Actually, it used to happen all the time since i got the phone but very rarely, like once every 2 weeks or so, but after the miui 9.5 update that i got 10 days ago or so, it became there all the time. And by the way i am still getting these errors even after a factory reset: :/

danaburnu

Apr 21, 2018
Visit site
well that's my last hope actually because otherwise there is no such thing as customer satisfaction or actual warranty at where i live. So if it's a hardware issue i'll be throwing this phone out which costed a minimum wage. Thanks for your replies i will try my luck with emailing Xiaomi global.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech