I've bought the s8 and thinking about s9. However, I'm wondering if it's better to wait for the next high end google pixel phone to come out. I don't know if stock android is better than Samsung experience ui. The most important things to me are speed,battery life,water resistance, good camera, no speakers for loud music, not a bunch of manufacturer bloat and fast updates. The galaxy phones I've had die fast it feels like. Would a high pixel phone have better battery life performance in comparison? I've also noticed that whenever I've got a Samsung phone screen burn in eventually happens. My other phone I had years ago the Huawei ascend q never had screen burn in and I used it constantly. Suggestions and input would be helpful.Should I ditch Samsung phones for Google pixel phones?-screenshot_20180421-153733.jpg
    04-21-2018 04:12 PM
    I can't say that you should, but I did.

The most important things to me are speed,battery life,water resistance
    No significant differences. (You still shouldn't hold a phone under a running faucet, though - any phone.)

good camera
    Everyone compares their dynamic range with Google's.

no speakers for loud music
    No? The Pixels (plain and XL) have 2 pretty good speakers, front-firing (which is a problem with an Otterbox Defender).

not a bunch of manufacturer bloat
    None at all.

and fast updates.
    I'm not sure - it's either the 5th of every month or the first Monday of every month - I don't watch that closely - but it's every month.

The galaxy phones I've had die fast it feels like.
    That would be you, then. My Note 3s are still working fine, but I wanted a smaller phone, current version of Android and a fingerprint scanner. (And Pixels are updated for 3 years from release, so it'll be 4 years until you have to buy another phone to get a new version of Android.)

Would a high pixel phone have better battery life performance in comparison?
    There are 2 of them and they're both "high". As for battery life, that depends on you. If you run the battery down to a few percent every charge cycle, it won't last long. If you run it to keep it lasting long, it won't go that long between charges. That's just how lithium technology works.

I've also noticed that whenever I've got a Samsung phone screen burn in eventually happens.
    If you keep the screen at 100% brightness, it will. (It will also kill your battery.) Neither of my Note 3s have the slightest sign of burn-in - after 4 years.

My other phone I had years ago the Huawei ascend q never had screen burn in and I used it constantly.
    Screen burn-in doesn't happen from use, it happens from having the same thing on the screen all the time (like your home page) and having the brightness turned up too high (and having the screen time-out set too high - 30 seconds is plenty). There was a problem with the Pixel 2 XL, because of the P-OLED screen, but not with the Pixel 2 with an AMOLED screen - which is surprising.

So, as I said, I did, but I can't tell you whether you should. (One note - Pixels don't have IR blasters, in case you want to use your phone as your TV remote.)
    belodion likes this.
    04-21-2018 05:32 PM
    I attached a picture of what I always experience with Samsung phones. I always have my brightness turned on low and 30 second time out. I use my phone all the time.
    04-21-2018 06:44 PM
    That 13% left on the battery, what kind of time frame are we talking about here? Is that what your concern was - the short battery life? Can you post a screenshot from the battery in Settings? Something like the below (this is a Pixel 2 XL)

Should I ditch Samsung phones for Google pixel phones?-battery.jpg
    04-21-2018 08:49 PM