SD Card Corrupted after April 21, 2018 Software Update

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge had a software update on 4.21.18, and since I was not on WiFi, the update did not process until 4.22.18. When I restarted my phone, my phone said that the SD card was corrupted. I plugged the card into my computer, and transferred all of the files to a flash drive. All files except for one transferred over. When I put the SD card back into the phone and tried reformatting the card, my phone says that it cannot read the card and that it is still corrupted. I have rebooted the phone a few times and reformatted the card, but it still isn't fixing the issue. Also, there has not been any damage to the phone (e.g. dropping the phone) that would most likely cause a hardware issue. Any idea what is going on here?

Rogers Kamugisha

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge had a software update on 4.21.18, and since I was not on WiFi, the update did not process until 4.22.18. When I restarted my phone, my phone said that the SD card was corrupted. I plugged the card into my computer, and transferred all of the files to a flash drive. All files except for one transferred over. When I put the SD card back into the phone and tried reformatting the card, my phone says that it cannot read the card and that it is still corrupted. I have rebooted the phone a few times and reformatted the card, but it still isn't fixing the issue. Also, there has not been any damage to the phone (e.g. dropping the phone) that would most likely cause a hardware issue. Any idea what is going on here?

First try in a different card that ur sure works very well, if it persist, the phone needs flashing

Doc X

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Mine went bad after updating to Oreo the other day to. Using SG S7edge
I tried another card. It worked until I rebooted my phone and now it's corrupt to. I can see both of them on the computer but the phone thinks they are trash. Formatting in the phone did nothing, wipping the cashe of the phone did nothing. Android 8 did something to ruin sd card support. These things get expensive. I'd like to know if there is a fix also. What is flashing my phone mean? I don't want to mess up my warranty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12