Just over a year old, my Galaxy 7 started swelling and separating. I am due to upgrade and want to know if I will have any credit with this device.
    04-22-2018 07:31 PM
    Just over a year old, my Galaxy 7 started swelling and separating. I am due to upgrade and want to know if I will have any credit with this device.
    I think the standard warranty is only for a year.
    04-22-2018 07:45 PM
    The warranty is only for one year so no. The back separation is caused by expanding batteries that isn't covered by warranty anyway. The expansion of batteries is a known occurence of products from all battery manufacturers and isn't really predictable because it depends a lot on additional extraneous factors as well. My 2 year old S7 Edge for example has no back separation issue. You can just get the battery replaced and the back reattached at a service center.

Not sure how much it would cost you, as I am not in the US, but here an official Samsung service center will replace the battery and reseal the device to IP68 for about 80USD.
    04-22-2018 08:03 PM
    I believe that Samsung announced battery repair service at the Texas facility (you pay postage) for about $60 when the Note 5 was released. That may still hold true. (Of course they'd rather than you get a new phone every year - they don't make much money replacing batteries.)
    04-23-2018 01:25 PM