I have a Samsung S7 Edge that connect to my 2016 Jeep Patriot when I get in the vehicle. I would like to reply via text message with my own messages and not the preset messages as my only choice. I downloaded Google Assistant, followed the instructions, once I turned off my Jeep and restarted it, the Google Assistant was accepted by the Jeep as a contact. Trying to use Google Assistant as a test, it dialed the number but said it was a non-working number. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Tina Blakeman
    04-22-2018 08:08 PM
    Did you watch to see if it dialed the right number? Did you then turn Bluetooth off and try it just with the phone? If that was a non-working number, did you then manually try the number from Contacts? If that was a non-working number, did you check further? It's possible that either the number in your Contacts app is wrong, or that the carrier of the person you called messed up. It's not always the app's fault when an app doesn't do what we expect it to do.

Troubleshoot it one step at a time, to find out where the problem is.
    04-23-2018 05:32 PM