why isnt my battery charging samsung grand neo?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have been facing this problem for a month, sometimes my phone does not charge at all I have be in safe mode to charge it. I did reset it from settings bu nothing changes. Then I went to recovery mode and reset it again. It was working good again for like 10 days. But suddenly im having the same problem again. If I turn off the phone the battery icon comes up for 5 sec and turn off again.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried a different battery? Are you still using the one that came with the phone? That phone is coming up on 4 years old, the battery may have "expired", but it could also be the charging circuit in the device (all tested by trying another, known good, battery). Have you tried different chargers, it could also be that.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
When you plug in while the phone is on, does the charging icon display? If not, or it flickers like you're plugging and unplugging it, then it's most likely a problem with the charging components. The usual culprit is a bad USB cable. It could also be a bad charger or the port in your phone going bad.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If Safe Mode fixes it, it's an installed app (one that you installed, not one that came with the phone) that's causing it.

But, as hallux said, the battery doesn't owe you anything after 2 years, so it may well be time to replace it. They're only around $10 and pop right out.