03-31-2022 10:26 PM
39 12
tools
    International
    Thanks , i have the US version not experiencing this , are your buttons working normally not sticking?
    10-16-2021 03:35 PM
    Everything is normal. There aren't actually screenshots in my gallery but the screen does the screenshot flash thing. It's weird.
    10-16-2021 03:39 PM
    If you can get a video of it can help try figure it out maybe like screen recording?
    10-16-2021 04:11 PM
    I have a Galaxy Note 9, US edition and current Android operating system, having the same behavior where the screen pinches and I get a beep sound just as though a screenshot is being taken, but no screenshot is found in the screenshot folder, this is very concerning since taking a screenshot is a type of monitoring and it raises the concern that my phone has been hacked
    11-20-2021 02:05 PM
    I have a Galaxy Note 9, US edition and current Android operating system, having the same behavior where the screen pinches and I get a beep sound just as though a screenshot is being taken, but no screenshot is found in the screenshot folder, this is very concerning since taking a screenshot is a type of monitoring and it raises the concern that my phone has been hacked
    Welcome to AC!
    Have you checked your file manager, it's called My files app
    11-20-2021 10:08 PM
    Which version Note20U you have ? US OR INTERNATIONAL?
    I have the same issue for 2 or 3 days now.

Samsung Note 20 5g. UK version.

It has happened in more than one App.

No images saved that I can see via either My Files, or Gallery.
    01-02-2022 04:16 AM
    I have the same issue for 2 or 3 days now.

Samsung Note 20 5g. UK version.

It has happened in more than one App.

No images saved that I can see via either My Files, or Gallery.
    Welcome to AC!
    So you see the screen taking a screenshot on its own but doesn't download it?
    01-02-2022 09:48 AM
    Hi. Thanks.

Yes, that appears to be the case.
    01-02-2022 10:31 AM
    Maybe try safe mode for certain amount of time and see if it still happening in that mode it disables all 3rd party apps .
    01-02-2022 10:35 AM
    I have noticed this ever since my phone updated a couple weeks ago. S8 Plus on new android 9. This is very suspicious behavior and being the IT guy I am I dug through my phone settings. All camera access to apps is set to denied, no motion gestures enabled either. I have this happening almost every time I unlock my device.

Here is my concern. There are many people experiencing this same problem and it is unlikely a coincidence. It is more likely something Google has added this as a hidden feature in android 9 or a new feature in 9 that is causing a Samsung app to misbehave. This seems very nefarious to me and I think anyone having this problem should be very concerned, these tech companies have a track record of stealing data from people and using it for their own benefit. It is very likely that this was supposed to be a hidden feature and it is not working as they intended, lucky for us or we may have never known this was happening.

Talk to your friends and tell them to get on here and post if they are having the same problem. Alone we are nothing to these companies, together we are a voice that cannot be ignored.
    It happens to me when I open Verizon messaging app and OfferUp. I first noticed it after downloading OfferUp, but doubted myself after checking and seeing all permissions were still denied. Now it says "could not capture screenshot due to low memory", and I know I was right. The strange part is that I can't find these screenshots anywhere on my phone. It would make sense that the file would be full, as I've had this phone for over two years now. It doesn't make sense that I can't find any evidence of these photos in even the dark corners of my phone.
    03-08-2022 11:29 PM
    It happens to me when I open Verizon messaging app and OfferUp. I first noticed it after downloading OfferUp, but doubted myself after checking and seeing all permissions were still denied. Now it says "could not capture screenshot due to low memory", and I know I was right. The strange part is that I can't find these screenshots anywhere on my phone. It would make sense that the file would be full, as I've had this phone for over two years now. It doesn't make sense that I can't find any evidence of these photos in even the dark corners of my phone.
    Which phone do you have? Have you tried uninstalling Offer Up?
    mustang7757 likes this.
    03-08-2022 11:40 PM
    Happens to me too, no certain type of apps - dacebook, games, even while looking at this thread. Samsung Note20 Ultra, bought in Israel.
    Updated android and it just started the moment I unlocked my phone.
    03-31-2022 08:20 PM
    Happens to me too, no certain type of apps - dacebook, games, even while looking at this thread. Samsung Note20 Ultra, bought in Israel.
    Updated android and it just started the moment I unlocked my phone.
    Welcome to AC!
    Have you tried safe mode?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-31-2022 08:33 PM
    Do you have swipe palm to take screenshot? Could it be detecting that when you pick it up or put it down?
    mustang7757 likes this.
    03-31-2022 10:26 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD