I currently have an LG G4 and I want to know what to replace it with in the event that it boot loops. One of the things that I can't sacrifice at all is being able to replace the battery since I got screwed over by non replaceable ones before. I know that the LG V20 is the best phone with a replaceable battery, but I am also willing to get a phone that has an easily replaceable internal battery. The BV9000 pro is an example of this. The battery isn't technically user replaceable, but it can be accessed by taking out some screws and unplugging one or two cables. Does anyone know of phones more powerful than the G4 that have internal batteries but can be replaced without having to deal with adhesives (so no glass backs, which I actually prefer). Thanks.
    04-23-2018 12:06 PM
    The BV9000 doesn't have much in the way of 4G connectivity. If you want to stay with decent phones, the V20 is about it. Or Dodo Cellphones, if they ever make a comeback. (Couldn't help myself.) But replaceable batteries are going the way of the dodo. As someone who wouldn't buy a phone without an external SD card or a replaceable battery - for many years - I converted to a 128GB Pixel 2. Good phone, 3 years of updates (so I don't even have to think about updating for 4) and if the battery does go (which it shouldn't), it's not all that expensive. (At my age I'm not going to do it myself any more, even though I used to repair cellphones without looking.)

Current phones not only have glass backs, some of them have the screen mounted in front of the battery, so you have to remove that too.

But if the phone bootloops, you should be able to reflash the ROM. A lot easier than looking for a decent phone with a replaceable battery.
    04-23-2018 03:33 PM
    I wish it was that easy to fix. The G4 bootloops due to a damaged connection on the motherboard. I've heard that the V10 and V20 have bootloop problems too. I also just checked and discovered that my G4 is one of the models prone to bootlooping, so the pressure is on to find a replacement for when it does. I can do most repairs as long at they don't require glue (one of my biggest pet peeves). I'm so concerned about batteries because I am very very good at killing batteries quickly. I game a lot, which not only drains the battery quickly, but also heats the battery up. This combo is a sure fire way to kill a battery.
    04-23-2018 03:56 PM
    I just found a phone called the Meizu MX6
    https://www.gsmarena.com/meizu_mx6-8078.php
    Looks like the battery can be replaced and its specs aren't half bad.
    04-23-2018 04:01 PM
    I'm not sure where you got your information, but the V20 has been largely a problem free phone, and no bootloop problem like the G4 and V10. That particular issue has been fixed.

I also came from a G4 and opted for the V20, and couldn't be happier. Removable battery aside, I think it's still the best total package on the market and I'd take it offer anything else currently offered.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-23-2018 04:32 PM
    I'll make sure to consider the V20 then
    04-24-2018 01:12 PM