so last night i tried to recover some deleted messages using a software on my computer called dr.fone i attempted the recover process they told me to tap my build number 7 times to unlock dev options or something like that to turn on my usb debugging option. after doing so my screen turned blue and said downloading after it rebooted with a unlocked lock logo and said custom. after my phone was giving me notifications like something was working behind security & that my session expired with Samsung. then i notice that i was not able to use my fingerprint scanner it kept saying fingerprint scanner not responding. i didnt root my phone at least i dont think i did and my friend gave me advice to double check so i downloaded an app called root checker it said sorry root access not properly installed so im guessing that means im not rooted. i dont want to root my phone or have a custom logo or anything different from the stock options i only tried to recover deleted messages can someone help me with restoring my phone to normal/stock. i just backed my phone up on my computer and attempted a factory reset on my phone and it still booted up with the unlocked lock logo and custom word right under it. someone please help
    04-23-2018 06:39 PM
    so last night i tried to recover some deleted messages using a software on my computer called dr.fone i attempted the recover process they told me to tap my build number 7 times to unlock dev options or something like that to turn on my usb debugging option. after doing so my screen turned blue and said downloading after it rebooted with a unlocked lock logo and said custom.
    To recover deleted files, the firmware has to be rooted. Rooting results in a "Custom" notice and an unlocked lock.

then i notice that i was not able to use my fingerprint scanner it kept saying fingerprint scanner not responding.
    Probably not with a system root.

i didnt root my phone at least i dont think i did
    You didn't - Dr. Phone did.

i downloaded an app called root checker it said sorry root access not properly installed so im guessing that means im not rooted.
    It means that su was installed (that's what rooting is), then it was deleted, but some other changes were probably made also - preventing the fingerprint scanner from working but not letting root checker get root.

i dont want to root my phone or have a custom logo or anything different from the stock options i only tried to recover deleted messages
    You can only recover deleted files if the firmware is rooted.

can someone help me with restoring my phone to normal/stock. i just backed my phone up on my computer and attempted a factory reset on my phone and it still booted up with the unlocked lock logo and custom word right under it. someone please help
    Factory restore removes non-system things you've added, it doesn't "restore" anything. You have to reflash the firmware back to stock (which will delete everything you installed, but since you did a factory reset, that's not a problem). See [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN.

It may look scary at first, but it's actually boring. Once Odin loads the file (watching grass grow), it should take about 2-3 minutes to finish running (you'll see a progress bar in Odin and on the phone). Then the phone can take 10-15 minutes to set up (watching paint dry) so have something to do, like a good TV show to watch. (Once you've flashed a few phones, it becomes totally boring and watching a file load is the biggest problem.)

Make sure that the file you download is the one for your variant of the phone model, the right country, the right carrier. If all you can find is an older version of Android, you can do one update every 24 hours until you're up to date, but at least you'll have a working phone all that time.

You may need to install the Samsung driver on your computer (you will if you haven't, but if you backed up using one of Samsung's backup programs, it might have installed the driver). So if you need the driver, it's at SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.
    04-24-2018 12:53 PM