How to place a web page short cut on home page

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 A running android 7 and I want to place a short cut onto my home page. On my older tab S 10.1 after bookmarking a page I was the given the option to add the bookmark/Shortcut to a home page. Not all the sites that I look at have apps. so it is convenient to go through the short cut.
I still get the option to add a short cut on a home page but it just doesn't happen.
I am running Firefox browser.

Advice appreciated. Chris

freeyo

Q&A Team
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thank you and please register so we can better help you. When in the browser go to the page you like then hit 3 dots on right and scroll to add to home screen. I am on a keyone but should be the same.

shenton1

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Firefox Version 59.0.2 (it could be different in different versions)

3 dots/Page/Add page shortcut (last item)

I am running Firefox 50.0.2 and there is no mention of adding a shortcut to the homepage from the dropdown list.

Sorry I found add page shortcut but the shortcut doesn't appear on the home page.

Chris

Last edited:

shenton1

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.
Thanks for the reply. The problem is I don't get a icon to drag anywhere. When I get to add page shortcut the screen changes to a home page but there is no icon there which on my previous Samsung Tab S used to happen.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
So, when you tap the add page shortcut menu item you don't get the screen as seen below?

2776a0f0b3dea0f778444a87cc3368f4.jpg