How to place a web page short cut on home page

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 A running android 7 and I want to place a short cut onto my home page. On my older tab S 10.1 after bookmarking a page I was the given the option to add the bookmark/Shortcut to a home page. Not all the sites that I look at have apps. so it is convenient to go through the short cut.
I still get the option to add a short cut on a home page but it just doesn't happen.
I am running Firefox browser.

Advice appreciated. Chris

freeyo

Q&A Team
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thank you and please register so we can better help you. When in the browser go to the page you like then hit 3 dots on right and scroll to add to home screen. I am on a keyone but should be the same.

shenton1

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Firefox Version 59.0.2 (it could be different in different versions)

3 dots/Page/Add page shortcut (last item)

I am running Firefox 50.0.2 and there is no mention of adding a shortcut to the homepage from the dropdown list.

Sorry I found add page shortcut but the shortcut doesn't appear on the home page.

Chris

Last edited:

shenton1

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.
Thanks for the reply. The problem is I don't get a icon to drag anywhere. When I get to add page shortcut the screen changes to a home page but there is no icon there which on my previous Samsung Tab S used to happen.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
So, when you tap the add page shortcut menu item you don't get the screen as seen below?

2776a0f0b3dea0f778444a87cc3368f4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12