I have a LG tablet with a Virus that is requesting a Password that is with letters and numbers and not with the connect the dots style that I normally use. it shows up as a white background with the letters "Enter password to unlock" in the upper left of the screen with a droid Mascot with a mouth shaped liked this "/\/\/\" with 10/10 attempts remaining and after I enter a password it drops down to 9/10 attempts Remaining and stays there even after trying to enter a password 10 or more times and it still says 9/10 attempts remaining. In the center section on the far left is a Droid mascot that looks strange and the words that say "Enter password to unlock" and a space to type in passwords and I have tried old passwords and new passwords and disconnected my monetary accounts from google in preparation for this as well as old card numbers that are expired and any password variation is denied
    04-23-2018 08:15 PM
    When you set up the dot pattern for your lock screen, it could've required you to create a backup password to use in case that doesn't work. It also needs that password when rebooting the phone, which is more secure than the pattern lock.

If you can remember that password you set up, that's what you need to use. Otherwise you may have to factory reset, but then you'd need your Google account info to set the phone back up because of new factory reset protection security measures.
    04-23-2018 11:42 PM
    I have been trying the Password but it still doesn't work because I believe it is a ransomware type Virus but as of yet have not seen any demands and a full factory reset would be a last resort so at the moment I am Power cycling it and hoping that it might reset enough to let me in and retrieve some documents.
    04-23-2018 11:59 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which LG tablet is it? Can you take a picture of the screen with another device and show it? http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html
    04-24-2018 01:24 PM
    You might have to reflash the firmware. I hope anything important is backed up (reflashing wipes everything out).
    04-24-2018 04:19 PM