Hi there.

I'm looking to replace my pixel 2 xl, it's been such a pain with issues and niggles here there and everywhere. Now I have clipping and vibrating audio,It sounds cack and makes me not want to use the phone to view videos etc etc. I'm paying for 50gb data a month and I want to use it.

So I'm looking to replace it, Google have been less than helpful and will only offer an replacement device if I send the phone off first, which I really, really don't want to do.

The choices are the Hauwei p20 pro or the Galaxy S9 plus. I use the phone for a lot of media and youtube content. I also use it for music in the car and when cleaning the car, the house and so on.

Just looking for some advice on both handsets.

Cheers, Rich.
    04-24-2018 03:58 AM
    Talk to Google. I've had them do 2 phone swaps, "they send first, I return after", they just precharge your credit card until they get the returned phone back.

But if you really want a different phone, the S9 has its own problems (read the forums) and the P20, aside from never being sold in the US, has problems with Maps and Instagram, that I know of. (And the updates are slower, and it probably won't be updated for more than 2 years.)
    04-24-2018 03:38 PM
    Talk to Google. I've had them do 2 phone swaps, "they send first, I return after", they just precharge your credit card until they get the returned phone back.

But if you really want a different phone, the S9 has its own problems (read the forums) and the P20, aside from never being sold in the US, has problems with Maps and Instagram, that I know of. (And the updates are slower, and it probably won't be updated for more than 2 years.)

This app is very glitchy. I already replied once and it didn't post...

I've spoken to two different members from Google support to be told the same thing. They will not send out a replacement device until I have sent mine first... Whether they have a different policy in the US. I don't know. It's also a game of Russian roulette to whether a replacement device is the answer, as there is people who have had 7 or 8 replacement phones and the issue persists. I don't know what it is about LG, but they can't make phones.

The issues with the p20 pro seem to be hit & miss... I've spoken to two different people with the device and no issues have been reported to me. One of which works for o2. And as for it not going to the US. Not an issue, I'm from the UK.

S9+ doesn't really seem to have many issues other than a poor battery, which is a Samsung thing all over. Not an issue to me. Owned plenty of galaxy s devices in the past.

Software upgrades, it's very rare I'll keep a device for a year, nevermind two! O2 refresh... Pay off your device and upgrade whenever you feel like it.
    04-25-2018 03:33 AM
    This app is very glitchy. I already replied once and it didn't post...
    Your first post was in the Mod queue. It would have been okay.
    04-25-2018 07:41 AM
    Ah, that makes sense 😂.
    04-25-2018 08:26 AM
    I've made my mind up. I'm going with the s9+.
    04-25-2018 10:16 AM