My wifi wont work please help!

Brucieee

Apr 10, 2018
Visit site
When i try to connect to my router it says its connecting then the list will get refreshed!
I tried to connect it to my hotspot and it work fine
I dont think the router is the problem since my other phone connects to it fine also.

I tried to factory reset it still doesn't connect

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If other devices connect fine to the router and the one that's not connecting to the router is connecting to other WiFi just fine, then the issue is compatibility of the device in question with your router.

What encryption protocol are you using? Some have said AES has been more compatible for them than TKIP (and is also more secure).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Wifi problems are almost impossible to diagnose in person - online like this they're a hairsbreadth from impossible. Try going through any "non-resetting-the-router" steps in [GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems. (It's also entirely possible that the wifi radio in the phone is shot, or the wifi antenna isn't connected. Has it ever connected? Does it connect to other wifi signals (like public hotspots? McDonalds and Walmart are probably the easiest to get to, to try it. Walmart won't give you an internet connection, it's for checkout, for their employees' stock apps,, etc., but it's a legitimate wifi system.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21