Hi Hope someone can help. I dropped my S3 Mini GT- I8190N and the screen is shattered. Since then, there are several problems with the phone, I've searched for an answer only I can not figure out if the Digitizer and LCD come as one whole unit. Besides, this may not even be the issue.
    Issues are as follows:
    - Phone comes on and makes startup noise.
    - Still receiving notification sounds and incoming calls (though can not answer them, not sure if this is because touch screen is broken or I'm not using the correct swipe place...but it seems the screen IS unresponsive in general).
    - There are no lights at all when I plug it in to charge.
    - When I turn on after the startup sound both the BACK and MENU buttons at the bottom off the screen DO light up.
    Can anyone help me in figuring out what it is I need to replace, apart from the glass obviously.
    I have tried everything possible I could find online for well over a week now yet it remains the same....by this I assume there is something that needs replacing.
    Thanks in advance.
    04-25-2018 06:02 AM
    I forgot to mention that the screen is black NO lights or flashes at all.
    04-25-2018 06:07 AM
    Threads merged.
    04-25-2018 07:16 AM
    You need to replace the screen and, since nothing lights up when you plug the charger in, either the LED, the charger port, the motherboard or a combination of 2 or all 3 of them.

The screen is about (US)$35, a clean motherboard will probably cost about $40 and you'll have to pretty much have to disassemble the entire phone - and if you've never done that successfully before, you'll end up with a table of non-working parts. The phone sells for about $90 to $100 refurbished on eBay, and I think that would be your best bet. (Replacing the motherboard means losing all your data, so it's probably lost any way you decide to go - which is why, just like any computer, cellphones should always be backed up.)
    04-25-2018 12:17 PM