G-Ware Virus / App not deleting

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

OK, so I've tried everything I can think of and this is my last hope before I decide to factory reset my whole phone.

I downloaded an app and it shows up on my screen. I have a Samsung S5, so of course when you go to Applications on your phone, you'll see all the apps on your phone. This one, there's no record of.

I've tried to delete this app by going into safe mode - doesn't work, trying the steps with apps with device administrator privileges and whatnot - nothing. It shows up nowhere.

I've downloaded virus cleaners, ect.

The virus shows up on only some of them. The kick is, it doesn't show the app that is causing the problem. It shows "Phone". The app is basically embedded into my phone or something. So if I get even close to finding a solution to uninstalling it, it shows up as "Uninstall Phone" which I can't do because it's my phone?

The virus is a g-ware virus / a fake app.

I don't know what else to do except factory reset or consider buying a new phone altogether.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And if you don't understand Portuguese, and can't find Google Translate, she said,

"Good afternoon low the max security 2018 app in the play store that will uninstall the virus I hope I have helped"

You could also allow the antivirus app to uninstall Phone. Phone isn't your whole phone, it's the app called Phone - the one you run to make and take calls. There are a few Phone apps (or dialer apps - same thing) you can install from Play after your infected one is removed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss