The micro usb on my galaxy s7 is burnt out due to water damage. I dont have the money to pay for a repair. My phone has an inbuilt wireless charging RECIEVER. What im looking for is an ultra thin wireless charging SENDER which i can put between my phone and case and power with a micro usb, essentially regaining micro usb charging capabilities. I cant find anything online. You guys know of anything? Ta
    04-28-2018 12:31 PM
    If you look at the S5 wireless conversion it would do what you want. Buut, why not just use wireless chargers. I haven't plugged in my phone about since I got it. Even the battery pack sold on Amazon has qi built in, just lay down the phone. Fast charge works wirelessly too on the s7.
    04-28-2018 01:32 PM
    Using Qi charging like that will cause heat build-up in the case unless it's a ventilated case of some kind - and that will lead to premature battery failure. Which will cost almost as much to replace as the USB connector in the phone.

You can charge through most cases, so just laying the phone, in the case, down on the charger should work. (I charged through an Otterbox Defender case for a few years - and could still put about 2 tongue depressors on each side to lift the phone up and charge.

I know what you want to do - be able to plug the phone (or the charging plate) into a wall charger whenever you need to charge it, without carry9ing anything additional with you - but it's just a bad idea. If you could. Depending on the case, you probably can't, though. With most cases, the plate would have to be 1/8" thick or less - and they don't make them that thin. (There's no technical reason they couldn't, but a plate that thin would probably be so flimsy that you could break it by touching it wrong. [And the microUSB connector wouldn't fit inside it.])
    04-28-2018 04:39 PM