Blu Studio XL2 wireless connection problems

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

It only started recently maybe because I put in an SD card and formatted it as internal, but I've been having connection problems with both any wifi and my bluetooth headphones. Sometimes it will let me connect to both for a small while and I have no clue what is different during those times, but once I open an app that requires internet my connection will buffer even with full bars and then drop the wifi connection. Or if I connect bluetooth headphones later on wifi will drop and bluetooth only seems to last a couple of minutes. I've also been getting authentication problems on networks I've been using for years. Last night it wouldn't even let me get into any type of wifi setting for a while and my phone would freeze and it would tell me that the system-UI has glitched and won't respond :/ restarting won't help

Benjamin Fedeli

May 2, 2018
Visit site
Yes, I have only had limited success when trying to connect both simultaneously, I've just tried to move data to the SD card in hopes that it needs some sort of information and it just is having trouble retrieving it from the default save location. No luck though.

Benjamin Fedeli

May 2, 2018
Visit site
I tried to connect bluetooth which immediately caused my wifi connection to drop and I wasn't able to regain it even after disabling bluetooth. I tried again this morning and could not get wifi so I restarted my phone and haven't had problems yet. I guess my question now is, how can I get bluetooth to stop interfering?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It sounds more like one or both the radios - wifi and/or Bluetooth - are bad. I've seen the interference problem, but changing channels usually fixes that - and it only happens when one or both radios have pretty sloppy transmitters. (Which, technically, is covered under the warranty, but trying to get even a level 2 tech support supervisor to understand the actual problem is like getting a frog to understand quantum physics. The transmitters should be clean enough that they don't interfere with each other.)

If the problem persists, see if they'll replace the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid