Why is my WIFI on my LG X Power SUDDENLY EXCRUCIATINGLY SLOW

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So it seems that ever since net neutrality came into effect my WIFI has been slowed to the point where's it's unusable. Pages on chrome take 30 seconds to a minute to load. Facebook takes 30 seconds to load along with a bunch of other apps. Photos take years to send and load if they even send at all. God forbid I try a video. It literally took me 3 tries to just do the stupid human verification catchpa at the bottom.
HOWEVER. I have several family members, each armed with a phone that is COMPLETELY UNAFFECTED. Their devices load chrome fb etc. in less than a second.
Interestingly enough, it is ONLY MY HOME WIFI. Xfinity Wifi as well as public wifi and other wifi with passwords work fluidly.
Things I have tried:
Restart/reboot/factory reset
Router unplug/restart
Changing router channel
Forgetting the wifi then connecting again
Turning wifi on/off
Airplane mode on/off
Sync on/off
Disabling every Google App
Clearing caches over and over
I've read numerous forums and nothing has worked. I really need help here. I'm considering smashing this one with a hammer. It seems no one has the exact same problem and when they have similar ones it is from 2014 or 2017.

May 2, 2018
Visit site
This is my question. I just made an account so I could answer suggestions. Or really just reject suggestions. I actually noticed that if I turn airplane mode on and off a few times it chrome works fast as long as I already have it open. How nice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000