I just purchased a pre-owned unlocked Verizon S7 from a Metropcs store. (upgraded from an S6 edge) My current carrier is Metropcs and has been so for some time. On the first day, the phone worked for about 2 hours, then someone texted me that when he called me, it went straight to voicemail.

After calling Metropcs and going through several troubleshooting steps, they were unable to solve the problem, submitted a ticket and said I would have to wait 3-5 days.

We went through all the settings, APN settings, re-established the Metropcs network, changed from GLOBAL to LTE/GSM, turned Wifi on and off several times, and powered down my phone after each step and the issues was still not resolved. I took it back to the MetroPCS store and they fixed it, changed the SIM card and made two test calls and it worked. My bill is paid, so that's not the issue either.

Last night someone tried to call me and again, they got voicemail. I tried this morning as well and it rang two times on the calling end, but the phone did not ring at all. I checked to see if there were maybe any updates that the phone needed but there are none available.

I don't know if this is a phone issue relating to it previously being a Verizon phone, or a technical issue and I need a replacement. I'm frustrated beyond belief, I cannot be without service. Is there anything else I can do?
    05-02-2018 07:21 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is Advanced Calling on or off? What happens if you toggle it to whatever it's not currently set to?
    05-02-2018 08:43 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is Advanced Calling on or off? What happens if you toggle it to whatever it's not currently set to?
    Right now it is off. I tried activating it, but I get an error message. Seems like this can only be activated on Verizon service.
    05-02-2018 09:50 AM
    Does this also happen in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28008
    05-02-2018 06:00 PM