Best 2 in 1?

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm looking for a beastly 2 in 1 or tablet w/ a keyboard. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction? It doesn't matter if it disconnects or it bends all the way back. I might even go with a certain tablet or just laptop if that's the best option.

I've saved up enough recently that my budget is high & I'd be planning on using it for some years so it would be worth it for me to make a solid investment. I'd like to find something to use photoshop on, produce/compose music & do some e-reading..

I've heard chromebooks are pretty good because they're not bogged down with the windows os but I'm open to & cool w/ any type of device or os if it's the right one.

Def appreciate any suggestions.

Update

So far I'm seeing the Lenovo Yoga 920, Surface Pro & Samsung Notebook 9 Pro as contenders..

Also lmk if you think I should wait for something coming out..

Last edited:

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking for a beastly 2 in 1 or tablet w/ a keyboard. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction? It doesn't matter if it disconnects or it bends all the way back. I might even go with a certain tablet or just laptop if that's the best option.

I've saved up enough recently that my budget is high & I'd be planning on using it for some years so it would be worth it for me to make a solid investment. I'd like to find something to use photoshop on, produce/compose music & do some e-reading..

I've heard chromebooks are pretty good because they're not bogged down with the windows os but I'm open to & cool w/ any type of device or os if it's the right one.

Def appreciate any suggestions.
Depends on what you wish to do with it IMO.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Photoshop (Advertising ex. logo, flyer design, etc / photography post production)
Making music
E-reading
The photoshop needs basically limit you to Windows. The Android/Chromebook/iOS versions are severely limited compared to Windows/Mac versions. And the photoshop needs also relegate you to the more higher end Windows. I'd be looking at the HP x360, Asus T305, or Surface.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Oh cool, thanks ChanChan. So avoid the Yoga 920? I'm going to look into the ones you mentioned. Which one would you pick if you were in my situation?
I'm not a fan of Lenovo really. Personally I'd get the Asus Transformer T305CA, or T303UA. Check that you're getting the i5 or i7 versions.

My main reason? Those two are compatible with the ROG XG Station 2. It's an external component by Asus where you can slap on a desktop graphics card and connect it to your laptop when at home. It also has space for an extra hard drive. The main short coming of any laptop is the graphics chip, and this gets around that. The i7 version of the Asus tablets connected to this with a desktop grade GTX 1080 is more powerful than many mid to high range heavier and bulky gaming notebooks. Basically connect a keyboard, mouse, and external monitor to the station, and you got yourself a setup where your 2in1 laptop turns into a gaming level desktop at home.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Oh cool, thanks ChanChan. So avoid the Yoga 920? I'm going to look into the ones you mentioned. Which one would you pick if you were in my situation?
Here's an example of an Asus setup the laptop/tablet serves as the CPU and main hard drive. The ROG station (on the right) serves as the graphics, and it can be projected to the external monitor, and the laptop/tablet screen can be used as a second monitor.

asus-rog-xg2-external-graphics-docking-station-setup-with-external-monitor-ultrabook_slideshow_m.jpg

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm not a fan of Lenovo really. Personally I'd get the Asus Transformer T305CA, or T303UA. Check that you're getting the i5 or i7 versions.

My main reason? Those two are compatible with the ROG XG Station 2. It's an external component by Asus where you can slap on a desktop graphics card and connect it to your laptop when at home. It also has space for an extra hard drive. The main short coming of any laptop is the graphics chip, and this gets around that. The i7 version of the Asus tablets connected to this with a desktop grade GTX 1080 is more powerful than many mid to high range heavier and bulky gaming notebooks. Basically connect a keyboard, mouse, and external monitor to the station, and you got yourself a setup where your 2in1 laptop turns into a gaming level desktop at home.

I didn't see this comment originally on my phone.

Wow, you seem to know your stuff. I just saw some reviews for the X360. The one was completely over my head as far as the details/specs mentioned. It was being compared to Dell's XPS 13 when I saw a couple titles. I'm going to look into the two Asus models you mentioned now. Thanks

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I didn't see this comment originally on my phone.

Wow, you seem to know your stuff. I just saw some reviews for the X360. The one was completely over my head as far as the details/specs mentioned. It was being compared to Dell's XPS 13 when I saw a couple titles. I'm going to look into the two Asus models you mentioned now. Thanks
You're welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12