Laptop hangs when connecting to Galaxy S6.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello, I've searched extensively and couldn't find a similar thread, so if this has come up before, mea culpa. I'm having trouble connecting my Galaxy S6 to my Win7 laptop. I've used the supplied Samsung cord, as well as others to no avail. My usb ports function fine with other media and my phone is set up to allow file transfers. What happens is when I connect the phone, autoplay pops up asking what I want to do (file transfer, sync photo's, etc). At this point one of two things will happen. Either I select my option and autoplay will freeze, or, if I select file transfer it will bring up my phone window and then get stuck perma loading with the circle icon. When this happens, the loading progress bar will slowly fill, but never quite finish. If I leave it for a few hours, it will eventually crash with no error message. Usually the various phone folders will be visible, (Samsung, Files, etc) but today all I'm getting is an empty folder. Also, today it seems much more likely for autoplay to freeze as soon as I select an option, rather than allowing me to open the phone folder. When autoplay freezes, it shows as "not responding" in task manager, but when phone is permaloading, it shows as running. Any thoughts?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you plug the phone in and you see the Autoplay window appear, can you just X out of that window? Then on the phone, swipe down the notification panel, tap the USB icon, and make sure MTP/File Transfer is selected, and then open Windows Explorer on the laptop.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams