I've recorded a few 4K and 1080p videos at 60fps on my Galaxy S9. The videos play just fine on my phone all the apps I've tested it in. On my Windows 10 PC though, the videos just won't play correctly. The Movies&TV app plays the left half correctly and the right half of the videos is just a grey screen. Windows Media Player is mostly black screen with some distorted colors in the top left while VLC (even their latest nightly build) is even worse than the Windows 10 Movies & TV app. Am I missing a codec required to play the videos or something?
    05-03-2018 11:38 PM
    Sounds like either you need to re-install the codec for MP4 or your computer just can't handle 4K/60fps video. Have you tried other resolutions? What about playing the video on another computer? Are you playing the video directly from the phone or by copying the file to your computer first?
    05-04-2018 02:16 AM
    Was this you that I replied to earlier this week? https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...ay-videos.html

I stand by my suggestion in that reply.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    05-04-2018 04:42 AM
    Was this you that I replied to earlier this week? https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...ay-videos.html

I stand by my suggestion in that reply.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    Forgot to sign in when I asked this question. That wasn't me in the question you linked. As I said in my original post, I did try VLC to no avail, same with the Windows 10 Movies and TV app. That post was from awhile ago it seems, way before the S9 came out. I've definitely had no trouble playing videos recorded with the S8 back then. So far it's only the S9's videos that won't play correctly.
    05-05-2018 01:06 AM
    i have the same exact issue. Video playback on Windows 10 PC choppy, freezes and picture turns grey in VLC. Other media players don't fare any better.
    05-29-2018 02:14 PM
    I'm having the same issue with 2 separate S9 phones & 2 separate laptops. The image only shows on 1/4 of the video and the rest is gray. Please Help!
    09-17-2018 07:45 AM