I have a LG G5 and had it for almost 2 years now. It was at 23% when I turned it off and plugged it into its charger so that it could charge as fast as possible. When I disconnected it from its charger, it said it was at 50%. When I turned it on a moment later, it was back to 23%...how.

Also I should note that the phone was hot when I plugged it in, and it was still hot-ish when I unplugged it. Before turning it back on, I removed the battery and let the phone and battery cool a bit before I turned it back on again. The phone immeidtely started heating up again as it turned on.
    05-04-2018 01:44 PM
    That may require repairer attention, a new battery, or both.
    05-04-2018 05:12 PM
    I would start with a new battery. The startup procedure is one of the most demanding things your phone will do, which will suck a bad battery down a fair bit. Plus, it's 2 years old and likely due for a replacement anyway.

If you still have this problem with a new battery, then I'd look deeper into it. But keep in mind that any battery you buy now could also have capacity loss due to age if it's been sitting on a warehouse shelf for a year or whatever.
    05-04-2018 05:37 PM