Why won't my phone turn on?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Motorola Droid but ever since yesterday at 6pm it doesn't turn on and the lights near the speaker keep flashing. I have tried holding the power button for 10 seconds and it turned on but when I tried to update my phone, it just shut off and never came back on. I have a feeling some water is trapped in the phone because I can see water vapor in the screen side of the phone's camera but have no idea how to get it out. I'm afraid that I will no longer be able to use my phone. I left it to charge all night and still no sign of life other than a constant flashing light that I have no clue what the meaning of is.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Phones can get wet inside even if you never drop them water. Coming in to a warm environment from a cold one, or a cold environment from a warm one, can result in condensation forming inside the phone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And if the phone is water damaged, it's already too late to save it. Five seconds - maybe. Five minutes? Too late. The minerals in the water start attacking the circuits in the phone immediately, they don't wait for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie