I recently took my daughter on a college tour to Auburn. When we got back I realized there were hundreds of the same 4 pics in my gallery (a map of campus, pics of main buildings,..) The same thing happened this weekend when i went into enterprise to pick up a car. Hundreds of pics of their logo in my gallery. How did they get on my phone? How do I get them off? How do I prevent this from happening again?
    05-05-2018 11:51 AM
    Go to your sync settings for each of the 3 or 4 apps that are backing up the same thing.
    05-05-2018 01:15 PM
    Or, if you have more than one Google account on your phone, get rid of all of them but the actual one you use. Even if they're spelled exactly the same, an email account and a Google account are different things. You don't need a Google account for every email account, even if they're all gmail accounts. (Email accounts go in the email app, Google accounts go in Settings.) But if you have 4 or 5 Google accounts, each one backs up the picture, so you have 4 or 5 copies of the picture, and Gallery just shows what's on the phone and what's in your Google picture backup - so one is on the phone and you have one for each Google account - for each picture.
    05-05-2018 01:41 PM
    Or, if you have more than one Google account on your phone, get rid of all of them but the actual one you use. Even if they're spelled exactly the same, an email account and a Google account are different things. You don't need a Google account for every email account, even if they're all gmail accounts. (Email accounts go in the email app, Google accounts go in Settings.) But if you have 4 or 5 Google accounts, each one backs up the picture, so you have 4 or 5 copies of the picture, and Gallery just shows what's on the phone and what's in your Google picture backup - so one is on the phone and you have one for each Google account - for each picture.
    So it is normal to have 2 copies of every picture in the gallery if backed up in google? I don't sync my pics so I don't know.
    05-05-2018 02:10 PM
    If you have your pictures backed up to Google (it's the default, so you do sync them if you haven't changed that), they should get deleted from the phone, so you should see only 1.
    05-05-2018 03:39 PM