How do I delete the apps/icons?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Long story short, my SD card went to crap, got corrupted, so I had to put in a new one, now all the apps (games) I had downloaded, are now grayed out with the android guy, I can not redownload the games, they tell me, "You cannot install this app because another user has already installed an incompatible version on this device" and so when I go to uninstall from the icon (since it is not in the list of apps anymore), it tells me "App not found... The App wasn't found in the list of installed apps." and then nothing. How do I fix this problem without completely resetting my phone?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You probably don't. And in the future, use the SD card for what it was designed for - files, not apps. If you move a file to the SD card, the file gets moved. If you "move" an app to the SD card, only small pieces of the app get moved, but ech piece leaves a link in internal storage, so when the card goes bad the app isn't really there any more but it's directory entry is, which corrupts the filesystem, because an app that's no longer there should have a directory entry marked "deleted", but the moved apps still have directory entries marked "active" - and the file system can't handle that contradiction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz