I have my phone for like over a month now, second-hand, and I reformatted it twice before I used it. Now, whenever I reset my phone or any time a Lollipop bug occurs, I can't go home whenever I press the home button. It works when I use it to turn on the screen. I've used the assistant menu and pressed on the 'home' and 'recent apps' but they won't do a thing. I'm pretty sure this is a software problem 'cause I have to factory reset my phone every time this happens and I even had done wiping the cache partition but the problem persists. Please help me.
    05-07-2018 08:03 AM
    The Note 3 is pretty easy to flash firmware to (I must have done it over 100 times on my 2 Note 3s combined), and the firmware image is pretty easy to find. See [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN for flashing, SamMobile Firmwares for an image file and since flashing the firmware will wipe all your data and installed apps, Backing up an Android Device for backing the phone up before you flash it.

(Have something else to do because after Odin finishes and reboots the phone it can take 10-15 minutes before it's ready to use, and watching the blue LED flash is like watching grass grow.)

If you can install TWRP (or SafeStrap for the AT&T or Verizon variants), you'll make your life easier if you ever have to flash the phone again - just a single backup and restore for backing up everything.

If you can't find the latest Lollipop firmware, you should be okay with KitKat - the phone will want to update to Lollipop in less than a day anyway (and you won't lose anything when it does).
    05-07-2018 01:07 PM