I've just recently bought the ZTE Z982 about a month ago and i really like it,however now I've started having all kinds of things happen. Its a long list and sorry for that. but here we go.
    1) Phone randomly started to turn itself off then on and when it comes on sometimes it says Samsung SD card unsupported, I'll turn phone off then on again and then that part is ok for a few days.

2) when the phone does its turn off and on thing my launcher stops have a black screen, Google play won't respond, settings wont respond, launcher won't respond,camera won't load or says can't because memory is full when it's not.

3) phone just all of a sudden deleted nearly all my photos in gallery, and won't load just shows a blank white screen. and I really want them back some are of my mom that just passed away.

4) keyboard will freeze, and then crash, Facebook and messenger do it too and takes a good two minutes before it will pop back up.

5) downloading or updating apps take a long time. It stays at download pending until I turn phone off and on again and it won't let me stop it by tapping the stop option.

I called metro and they told me to take battery out. I explained that's not an option, so they told me turn phone off take out SD card and put back in then turn phone back on that works for a little bit and that they would call me back in 30 minutes..... That was Thursday may 3 I have yet to hear from them.
    drops network but that's the least of the issues.
    I know its a long list and I'm sorry but any help would be helpful. Thanks all
    05-08-2018 04:24 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this still happen in Safe Mode? ZTE Blade Z Max Z982 - Safe mode - HardReset.info
    05-09-2018 12:46 PM
    No in safe mode everything seems to be ok. I went to metro and the girl there said I may have gotten a bad phone that they would order me a new one, but she couldn't do it that her manager would have to soooo I have to make another trip up there so he check my phone and order me a new one. What do you think the issue is?
    05-10-2018 04:00 AM
    If everything is ok in Safe Mode, then some app or apps you installed are probably causing the problems. Safe Mode temporarily disables all 3rd party apps you installed, which is how it can be a helpful first step in troubleshooting. You may have to uninstall apps one by one to narrow things down even more.

I doubt it's a bad phone -- if you got a replacement and then installed all of your current apps on the new one, chances are the same problems would reappear. (But if they're offering to replace it for free, I suppose there's no harm in it.)
    05-10-2018 11:05 AM
    Lol ya I did the uninstall of apps and still shutting off randomly all the same problems as before gallery still won't pull up then camera won't work and it has deleted all my photos. Grrrrrrr
    05-10-2018 11:43 PM
    Well, maybe a replacement phone might be worthwhile. The next thing to try would be a factory reset (after backing up your important data), and not reinstalling any of your apps initially, to see if the problem persists with a clean slate.
    05-11-2018 04:59 AM
    Try using the phone without the SD card and see if it still has random shutoffas/ reboots
    belodion likes this.
    05-11-2018 06:47 AM
    Ya that's what I was thinking too. I've not seen anything bad about the phones that's why I got it lol.
    05-12-2018 02:58 AM
    OK I'll try that too. But I was also wondering of there was ta way to move the apps to my SD card? The option isn't in my settings like all the other phones I've had.
    05-12-2018 03:00 AM
    Blade zmax has 32gb internal. Is your internal storage already full?
    05-12-2018 03:13 AM
    OK I'll try that too. But I was also wondering of there was ta way to move the apps to my SD card? The option isn't in my settings like all the other phones I've had.
    If none of the apps have a Move to SD button in the Settings>Apps menu, then that feature isn't supported by the phone. You'd have to root it and use an app like Link2SD or App Mgr III. If the phone is on Marshmallow, and if ZTE supports it, you could format the SD card as Internal Storage -- but given how generally unreliable SD cards can be, this can make matters worse if the card starts to fail.
    tube517 likes this.
    05-12-2018 03:15 AM
    See that's one of the weird things no it's not full but says it is. As well as the memory.
    05-13-2018 08:16 PM
    I'm not sure what it is lol it 7.1.1
    05-13-2018 08:16 PM
    Check out this app. It will show you what is taking up so much space.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...truth&hl=en_US
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-13-2018 08:33 PM
    I definitely will thanks. I'll get back to y'all on it. I'm still waiting on the "manager" because apparently he's the only one that can order my phone.
    05-16-2018 02:07 AM
    It's me Emmy.
    Sorry been meaning to get back with you all. You have all been helpful so if I forget THANK YOU
    So I thought I had it fixed by unistalling the launcher I had (again) tried a new one all was ok for awhile. Well metro is blaming the maker of phone, phone maker if you get them to answer says it's metro the store manager is never there to replace my phone and I have to go to the store I got from and since he's never there and the only one who can help me I've gone last the replacement time.. Now it shuts off during calls, or heres one for ya the phone will call someone else while on the phone with another person. It will shut off and say Android starting and now apps won't respond. I didn't put all the ones I had before back on phone. I put in safe mode and it won't update anything and here's the strange part I thought third party apps weren't supposed to open then,or do I have it wrong? I'm so frustrated ready to throw phone lol. But thanks you all for letting me vent but also helping me.
    I'm not sure how to do it or if it would fix but would rooting phone help?
    05-30-2018 06:58 PM