Camera not working on Walmart Pay

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When I open up Walmart Pay the camera does not open to scan the q code..I have the Motorola Droid turbo..I have uninstalled and reinstalled it still will not open..

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Make sure the Walmart Pay app is authorized to use the phone's camera:

Open Settings->Apps
Scroll through the list until you find Walmart Pay, then tap on it
Open Permissions
Ensure that the Camera permission switch is enabled

Jeffrey Sterling1

May 16, 2018
Visit site
Same thing on a Huawei Mate 9 ... no camera for the Walmart Pay or the Price Scanner. I uninstalled it several times ... the only thing I did not try is reset the phone first. And yes I did make sure the Walmart App had camera access.:confused:

swordstool

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Any update on this? My Walmart Pay App was working fine on my Huawei Mate 10 Pro, and then it stopped working after an update a while ago. No camera when I try to scan. Looks like all permissions are given, and I tried clearing cache etc. for the app, uninstalling and re-installing.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it stopped right after an update, and assuming that you've updated the app, it's probably due to the update, but Huawei isn't likely to do anything about it at this time. You might try to get your carrier to do something about it (up to exchanging the phone for one that runs the app properly).

dtetelcom

Jun 11, 2018
Visit site
I have had problems with the Walmart camera/scanning function on every phone I have had. No other barcode scanner or camera app ever gives me problems, just Walmart. They're going to have to get on the ball if they want to usher in the new way of doing things. How can you possible use their app to it's full potential when the camera doesn't work? I have emailed corporate several times and never even get a reply. They seem not to care. I had a Walmart store manager tell me that I can still type in the data. I just told him, no thanks, fix the app.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Not to say a bug doesn't exist, but its camera function has worked on every phone I tried. The app is usable for most people, and my guess is it's something related to your specific device. The first thing I'd suggest is going into your App Manager and then into the Wal-Mart app page. Go into the permissions option and make sure the camera permission hasn't been deactivated. The next thing would be to uninstall and reinstall the app. The developers will likely ask you to do this during troubleshooting, so may as well try it now.

You said you emailed Wal-Mart corporate. Do you mean the general customer service email, or the app developer email? You should go into Google Play and to the Wal-Mart app listing. Scroll to the bottom and you'll find an email link. Use this to report your problems and ask for help. When you do, mention whatever troubleshooting steps you've tied. Simply emailing corporate isn't very likely to get you anywhere. At best, they would just instruct you to email the developer like I suggested above.

pnut22r

Jun 17, 2018
Visit site
I've always had issues with this. Today, I pulled the phone back, a pretty far distance, while trying to scan. When the qr code was really small in the view finder, it registered and paid. Glad it worked.

mmcmurphy

Jun 19, 2018
Visit site
Seems like it's a huge issue for Huawei Honor phones :-( It worked for months. Must be a recent update that the phones got. I'm sure its not the carrier's issue because it seems most everyone that made a comment with an Honor has different carriers and versions. Mine is an Honor 8. I actually go through Walmart Family Mobile so you would think it would work since it's through Walmart but it doesn't and so far, in the last 3 months, it's still messed up :-( All permissions on for app here too. Can't use Walmart pay! That's the worst because I used to just be able to go in without my wallet and use my phone but not anymore!

Last edited:

Vickip322

Aug 16, 2021
Visit site
I bought the Motorola G Play last week, my Walmart app would not scan either. I just figured it out, put your phone on Auto-Rotate, open app to scan, put flash on, and it works. Shouldn't have to go through all these steps, but it won't work any other way!! Hope this helps.

pvman

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Try clearing the app cache/data of the Walmart Pay app in Settings>Apps​, then force stop it. If that doesn't help, then send feedback to the app developers.

Not only have I done that in the past, I cleared the cache on the whole phone and restarted the phone. No change.

I sent a note to Walmart right after posting my original note here. I hope to hear from them soon. If they resolve the issue, I'll post the results here

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Not only have I done that in the past, I cleared the cache on the whole phone and restarted the phone. No change.

I sent a note to Walmart right after posting my original note here. I hope to hear from them soon. If they resolve the issue, I'll post the results here
If this the app uninstall the one you have write the version down and try a version down or 2 and see if it works

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/walmart/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21