I have a google pixel 2 XL, and when my phone is locked, and I say "ok google", it asks for the password. I can't seem to make it unlock the phone. I have the options turn on in the settings of the Google assistant ( Unlock with voice match) and when the device is turned off for a short period of time on lock screen it unlocks to "ok google", but if it is locked for more than about 5 mins and I say "Ok Google" it asks me to input the password or finger print. I would like to use this option when I am driving asking it to play a song etc, so I can be hands free. I can't be looking down at my phone and entering passwords etc. Every forum I have read up to now on this tells me how to set it up and I have done this. I have only had the phone 2 weeks and would really like this option to work. Any fix would be appreciated thank you.
    05-09-2018 01:29 PM
    Have you tried retraining OK Google? Open up the Google App on your phone, then click on the 3 dots, menu button, then click on Settings, then Voice, then Voice Match, make sure first that Say "OK Google" anytime is on, as well as Unlock with Voice Match. Finally select Retain voice model, and follow the instructions.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    05-09-2018 01:47 PM
    thank you for your reply, yes I have tried to retrain voice match several times. Voice match works if I say OK GOOGLE within 5 mins of my phone locking after that amount of time it requires a password to unlock when I say it. So voice match works until the phone is locked MORE than 5 mins. If its locked for 2 mins, OK google unlocks it, I am baffled as to why it no longer recognizes my voice after 5 mins on lock. If I enter the password and lock the phone and say it again, it works and unlocks it. It's something in the amount of time the phone has been locked.
    05-09-2018 05:31 PM
    Maybe it's Google play services which don't have enough permissions or are put to sleep via battery manager.

I had similar issues all due to Smart Lock from Google. When I went to settings of Smart Lock,I saw blank page. It's a bug and fix it you need to disable smart Lock in "trusted agents" under security. Then reboot and then enable smart Lock in trusted agents. When you open Smart Lock settings you will find Voice match.

Evert time phone does not unlock with the voice, check Smart Lock settings.
    10-14-2018 04:17 AM