Galaxy C7, Voice Assistant on, screen turns off after PIN, can't access anything.

nxdoyle

May 10, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

Somehow (I don't want to blame my 4-yo niece, but yep, she's the 'somehow') has enabled Voice Assistant on my Galaxy C7 Nougat 7.0

So, swiping up with two fingers gets me to the PIN screen, but about ten seconds after entering the PIN and OK, the screen goes to black & the assistant says, "Screen turned off". Swiping down gives me the Notifications panel with the Settings cog in the top right, but tapping it as normal and double tapping (which I think is the way to access it in Voice Assistant mode) brings me right back to the PIN screen.

So basically, I have the screen with the time and a few notifications, swiping up with two fingers gives me the PIN prompt and once the PIN is correctly entered and OK'd, the screen goes black & the assistant says, "Screen turned off".

I contacted the Samsung Live Chat (Australia) but after an 90 mins of "Please bear with me, we have a slight system issue", they told me that they couldn't help because the phone originated in China. I took a shot at the Chinese live chat, but it's not operational.

Apart from that, I rebooted in Safe Mode as a bit of a Hail Mary, just to see if I could at least access Home>Settings, but same problem.

I've looked around the forum to find an answer so I didn't have to ask and potentially create a duplicate question, but found nothing, so I'm really hoping you are able to help. Many thanks.