Upgrade/downgrade OS Amazon Fire Kids Edition, is the OS locked down? Stuck on subscription screen!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My wife bought me a Amazon Fire (SV98LN) second hand. When we did a factory reset and went through the setup process email > credit card info etc the final screen it gets stuck on appears to be an advert (?) Fire Kids Edition, the only options are "Set up your childs account" or "give as gift", there is no way to close it, or skip it...

Here are my questions:
1. Is because the Amazon Fire she has bought is actually an Amazon Fire Kids Edition...which includes a locked down version of Android OS?

2. if it is not locked down, Is there a simple way around the kids sign up that I am missing, that will skip the process and just log in as a normal tablet?

3. If the answers are Yes to 1, and No to two; can the Fire Kids Edition have a custom or regular OS (rom) installed? This question isn't so important, because if the answer to question 1 is Yes, then I'm just going to have the wife return it...because I didn't want a Fire in the first place, least of all one that is locked down. But the answer to this question might help someone else who can actually be bothered to do it. (though I'm not sure how they would get into the system to turn on debug mode)

Couldn't find the answers to any of these questions online.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech