I own several Samsung devices like S8, S5, Tab S3, and never had problem using Wi-Fi direct to transfer files between those devices. However, I tried to trasnfer a file from my S8 to my friend's Huawei Mate 10 Pro and it failed. But when my friend transfered a file to my phone it worked. So we tried it on my Tab S3 and the same happened. Later I tried to send a file to my friend with a Zenfone 5 and it didn't work as well, but I was able to receive a file sent from his phone to mine. Is there something I'm missing with Wi-Fi direct? I thought this was something universal.
    05-10-2018 03:32 PM
    Unfortunately after talking to some IT's & going through several app's avaialble on Google Play & elsewhere on the market...NOPE. We are led to believe that just because we have Bluetooth, WiFi, SMART Tech, that we can universally connect & go wild now. Depending on the make & model of your device not to mention if it is a mobile in which case you then have to factor in the maker of that...an app made by this Devloper or on that Market is not going to tranfer any usability or otherwise gurantee a working match. If you watch closely when some stupid car commercial comes on TV, it may in fine discolored lettering near the bottom as it does it's liitle jingle, that the Model shown may be European, American or some such nonsense. Meantime you go down to the dealership of that brand & ask for or expect it to have these features because AFTER ALL IT IS ALSO THIS BRAND or whatever, and low & behold "Sorry but those are not available here" is the reply.
    As another example unfortunately, I too have a Samsung device. However mine is Canadian so is somewhat limited on trying to find say a Custom ROM or even of all the stupid things! a particular case to protect it with! :P These manufacturers' have gotten pretty savvy with what will work on THEIR version of a device. I can find a app using my Galaxy A5 from Google Play then try to put it on my Galaxy Tablet only to see "This may not be optimized for your device!" They are both Galaxy Models by Samsung & while I can understand this for say Wallpapers' or a game...it baffles me how a file explorer can work on my phone but on a tablet made by the same Brand it won't
    Rhona Feria likes this.
    05-12-2018 05:55 PM