I use voice to text and it always subs in the boy's name, not the girl's. I use it when connected to my car and sending a reply. I've tried erasing it from the "learned words" but it still subs in Aaron for Erin. If I'm not in my car, and I remember to check, I can touch the boy's name and the girl's will pop up and I can then switch. But when I mostly use it is when I'm in the car using voice commands to send and receive and have the car read and record and send them for me. I can't fix it because I'm not actually touching my phone, just using the voice commands to compose the text and then send it. This way I'm not reading or typing while I'm in the car and can focus on driving safely. But it's annoying that the bias is to a boy's name and not a girl's name.
    05-10-2018 04:46 PM
    I use voice to text and it always subs in the boy's name, not the girl's. I use it when connected to my car and sending a reply. I've tried erasing it from the "learned words" but it still subs in Aaron for Erin. If I'm not in my car, and I remember to check, I can touch the boy's name and the girl's will pop up and I can then switch. But when I mostly use it is when I'm in the car using voice commands to send and receive and have the car read and record and send them for me. I can't fix it because I'm not actually touching my phone, just using the voice commands to compose the text and then send it. This way I'm not reading or typing while I'm in the car and can focus on driving safely. But it's annoying that the bias is to a boy's name and not a girl's name.
    When people say the name "Aaron" it sounds like "Erin" and most people are going to spell it as such. It tries to pick the name you're using with the "most likely" tag.. It doesn't understand you specifically mean another name. Just like Cindy could be spelled Cindi but I am sure it will pick the more common Cindy.

Next time when you are texting spell the name instead of saying it. Mid sentence replace saying "Aaron" with "A A R O N" and continue.
    05-10-2018 04:59 PM