Google play services was drinking my battery and dominating my storage. In an hour of frustration I tried to tech it a lesson by clearing the data, uninstalling the updates, before finally, disabling it.

It had the last laugh because, surprise surprise, turns out I need it to run apps I actually like. So I sheepishly enabled it and reinstalled the updates. All seemed fine until I realised all my contacts are missing.

My questions to the forum: Where are they? Can I get them back? How do I get them back?

Phone: Moto G third gen
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    05-12-2018 03:43 AM
    Were you syncing contacts with your Google account (or some other cloud service)? If so, you should be able to get them back.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    05-12-2018 07:44 AM
    If they were synced, they're at Google Contacts and will sync back again. If they weren't, they're in a database file, marked deleted, and you'll need root access, a SQLite editor and a knowledge of SQL (and luck in finding the correct file) to mark them as active.
    05-12-2018 12:47 PM