I was able to get data in the United Kingdom with my 3 Mobile SIM, but once entering Europe I no longer have a connection. I suspect Straight Talk is the problem instead of 3 mobile, probably related to their restriction on international roaming. Is there any way to solve this problem?
    05-12-2018 08:47 AM
    I was able to get data in the United Kingdom with my 3 Mobile SIM, but once entering Europe I no longer have a connection. I suspect Straight Talk is the problem instead of 3 mobile, probably related to their restriction on international roaming. Is there any way to solve this problem?
    05-12-2018 09:22 AM
    First, you need to know whether your phone is even compatible with 3’s network (https://willmyphonework.net). Then, you need to use their APN (https://www.androidcentral.com/what-...do-i-change-it) instead of the one you’d use for Straight Talk.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    05-12-2018 09:25 AM
    Check the phone's specs (in Google - GSMArena is a good site to use) to see what bands it covers. Then use Google to see what bands the carrier you can't connect to uses (name and country). If the phone doesn't have the band, you won't get data. If the phone accepted a 3 SIM, it's not SIM-locked. But if it's a CDMA phone (you used it on Sprint or Verizon towers in the US), it may just not work in most of the world (which uses GSM, not CDMA). That's not a Straight Talk problem, it's a technology problem. (Even if the phone has GSM radios, it may not have th ones needed for the country you're in - again, check the phone's bands against the carrier's bands.)

Any restriction on international roaming would only apply if you were still using a Straight Talk SIM, there's nothing in the phone's firmware for that.
    05-12-2018 04:40 PM