Let's say you're looking at buying a used S6 or S7 off ebay and it's 2 and a half years old.

That means the battery has probably been through at least 700 or more charge and discharge cycles.

So now you buy it used more than likely, you're going to get very short times between charges because the battery is getting tired. Changing it is VERY difficult (I don't care what anyone says otherwise) and the cost to have it changed is usually around $100.00 at the cell phone fix it stores.

SO does it make sense to pay $150 - $200 or more for a two year old (or older) phone that has never had the battery changed since changing the battery is either too expensive or out of the question due to difficulty?

This seems like the most horrible & irresponsible thing cell phone manufacturers could have done to the planet because now millions will end up in the dumps prematurely.
    05-12-2018 02:47 PM
    I don't know if I would buy a phone that old today not knowing how many charges the battery has.

I have a few S7 Edge phones here, one of them being my launch day S7 Edge. I still use it and it still lasts as long as my Note 8 does and possibly even longer per charge. I also have a US unlocked S7 Edge that I bought on December 26th, 2016. That phone too has the most amazing battery life. I also have a blue S7 Edge that I bought a year ago in February. That phone has been my daily phone for the last few months and it too lasts just as long or longer then my Note 8 does per battery charge.

I think the condition of the phone and how the previous owner took care of the phone will determine it's current battery performance since my launch day phone can easily last as long or longer per charge then my Note 8.

What you decide to pay is what you think the phone is worth. No one can make up your mind there.
    05-14-2018 02:11 AM