There is an app that is malware on my device disguising itself as FM Radio how do i remove it?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Not long ago an app appeared in my system apps posing as FM Radio. I have NEVER been able to use the app and it if close doesn't have an uninstall option.. When I click on it for its information in the apps part of my settings it's name changes from FM Radio to this com.qti.service.colorservice and then if I click on data usage it comes up as yet another name this one being com.qualcomm.atfwd... Once again this app poses as FM Radio"version 7.1.1" I just want it off my phone... any suggestion on a scanner for malware that works even on hidden apps would be nice too...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
com.qualcomm.atfwd allows you to mirror your phone to a TV.

com.qti.service.colorservice is a redirect virus, but if it's installed as a service, you have to root the phone to get rid of it. Avast Antivirus will get rid of it in either case (but, as I said, if you run it and it can't remove the virus, you'll have to root the phone).

As for an FM radio app, if the phone doesn't have the radio hardware turned on, an app like NextRadio Free Live FM Radio will switch to using over-the-internet radio, but it's not a virus. If the app you have plays FM radio, it's not a virus either. If it is, Avast should find it too.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That certainly seems suspicious. A true FM radio app shouldn't require internet access at all, since it should just be accessing the FM radio hardware on the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia