So I switched from a Windows Phone to OnePlus 5T and can't figure out how to transfer my old contacts. When I had my old phone, I could import my Outlook, Google, and iCloud contacts to it, but for some reason, I can't figure out how to get my old contacts to my new phone. I have both my Outlook email and my Gmail account signed into the default gmail app, and the Outlook app, but I can't find any settings to sync contacts. Can anyone help with this? Thanks in advance.
    05-14-2018 10:56 AM
    Some phones don't allow storage of contacts directly on the device anymore, moving to reliance on cloud syncing of contacts to avoid the "my phone died and I need my contacts from it" issue.

For example - my Pixel 2 XL (and my Nexus 6P previously) does not allow local contact storage using the Contacts app provided by Google, I can only create new contacts associated with a cloud account.
    05-14-2018 11:58 AM
    If the Windows phone allows exporting the contacts to a .vcf or .csv file, Google Contacts can read the format. (You might have to edit the file a bit to get it into the form that Google Contacts wants.)
    05-14-2018 12:39 PM