I'm using a 2013 Galaxy Trend phone, and also access Keep on work and home PCs.

This is my daughter's old phone which I started using a couple of weeks ago.

Under Accounts/Sync I can see my google account, twitter and Whatsapp, but no sign of Keep - even though it loaded all the right notes when I first installed Keep, AND is synching fine from phone to PC.

In another question, someone advised people with sync issues to 'enable background data' - where is this option? I entered the Keep info section in App Manager (sub-tab All), can't see it there, for example.

I've also tried deleting all notes that haven't synched, clearing Keep cache and reinstalling it altogether. No luck.

Any ideas?
    05-15-2018 09:51 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you started using the phone, did you completely remove your daughter's Google account, and then do a factory reset? If you left her account on the phone, maybe events you're entering are syncing to her Google account.

For a phone from 2013, the background data settings are probably in Settings>Data Usage​.
    05-16-2018 12:22 AM
    Thanks P.D.

I don't think she ever had a google account on the phone, and certainly didn't use Keep.

But I don't have much data on the phone, so no harm in doing a Reset.

Thanks, Phil A
    05-16-2018 11:15 AM
    Finally got around to trying a Reset - still no luck though.
    Oh well, plenty of other note-taking apps out there to try..
    05-18-2018 01:43 PM
    When you looked in Settings>Accounts, did you tap your Google account to look at which various Google apps are syncing?

Also, did you go to Settings>Data Usage and look for the Restrict Background Data option there? I'm not sure how it looks on that older phone, but you can probably see which apps are using how much data. If you locate and tap Keep in that list, there should be an option to Restrict Background Data specifically for that app.

Another thing to check is if there are any power-saving modes turned on, or 3rd party battery saver or "phone cleaner" apps installed.
    05-18-2018 04:44 PM
    Thanks B.Diddy,

Yes, I eventually found Keep under the Google apps category, and it was tagged to sync.

But it doesn't appear in the Data Usage list.

And there are no battery or cleaner apps that I know of. Would Power modes be under Battery? I don't see anything there..

Cheers, Phil A
    05-20-2018 12:04 PM
    I looked at that phone's manual, and it looks like it doesn't have a native power-saving mode: Manual - Samsung Galaxy Trend - Android 4.0 - Smart Guides

Did you confirm that Restrict Background Data is off in Settings>Data Usage​?
    05-21-2018 03:36 AM
    Yes.. in Data Usage, without going into a particular app, Background Data is set to Off
    05-21-2018 08:35 PM
    Go to Google Keep on your PC. When you're entering a new note, you see the same Google account as the one on your phone logged in at the upper right corner, correct?
    05-22-2018 01:08 AM
    Correct, same account.

By the way.. Not sure if this is relevant:

On the home PC I only ever access Keep as a website, never downloaded anything to the PC. At work I have Win 10 which came with Keep app included as a tile in the home menu, but I still only ever access it as a website.
    05-22-2018 11:37 AM
    Hmm, well I'm stumped. I wonder if it has to do with how old the phone is, and the fact that it's presumably stuck on Jellybean. Maybe the current version of Keep just doesn't work well any more on that old version of Android.

Along those lines, you may want to look for a newer phone, if you have the resources. Google no longer supports Jellybean, which means (a) you're at higher risk for security breaches, and (b) you'll run into more app compatibility issues.
    05-22-2018 11:48 AM
    Thanks B.D.

Yes, I had come to the same conclusion. But I hate the idea of throwing out a perfectly fine phone just because one app doesn't work.

Well, I'll keep battling on until the day Whatsapp stops working - that's probably what will finally force me to bin it!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-22-2018 02:55 PM
    When that time comes, consider donating the phone to a women's shelter or other similar charitable organization.
    05-22-2018 03:10 PM