I use Nova Launcher because it can save my home screen layout for when I upgrade phones.

Specifically I am interested in saving the websites that I frequent in Chrome, which I use the Add to Home Screen feature to create a icon that links to the website.

Most recently I did a restore using Nova Launcher, and I noticed that several of the icons no longer work. When I select them, it says App isnt installed.

Initially I thought this is a problem with Nova Launcher. However I now noticed that there's two different ways that Chrome functions when I choose the Add to Home Screen.

Sometimes when I choose Add to Home Screen from Chrome, it puts a clean icon on homescreen. Other times it puts an icon on the home screen, and on the bottom right-hand corner of that icon there's a small Chrome icon on top of the larger icon.

Now I noticed that after restoring with Nova Launcher, the home screen icons that are clean (without the small Chrome icon on the bottom right-hand corner) work, whereas the home screen icons that do have the small Chrome icon on the bottom right-hand corner do NOT work.

Why is it that in Chrome, when I choose the add to homescreen option, sometimes it creates a homescreen link that does not have the small Chrome icon, and sometimes it does it with the small Chrome icon?
    05-16-2018 03:07 AM
    Welcome to the forums. It's possible that the small Chrome icon you mention is a notification badge from a page where you were signed in. Do those shortcuts link to pages where you have an account, such as Facebook, Gmail or similar?
    05-16-2018 04:19 AM