I'm getting a slow download speed when I try to download files using my chrome downloader. It's a 97 MB file and is taking hours to complete. My speed is being shown in kbps but when I download a bigger file from Play store (250 MB) it was completed in 30 seconds. Tried watching videos in 1080p and speed was good too. So there's nothing wrong with the network (LTE). Just to be sure I tried downloading the file with my default browser's downloader, es downloader and turbo download manager but the speed is still a LOT slower than the one in play store. Is there a way to fix this?

P.S. I can not download the file from Play store because it's a modded APK. Also I've tried downloading from different sites but the problem persists. Thanks in advance!
    05-17-2018 03:06 AM
    That's weird 'cause Chrome has one of the faster Downloaders
    compared with others. Clear the cache of your phone it may help
    and follow other advises..That you may receive sooner - Bye

As general knowledge on speed downloaders >>Read this article
    Link : https://www.quora.com/Why-is-the-dow...-other-browser
    shafin arshad likes this.
    05-17-2018 03:24 AM
    You also have to consider the server. Several file downloads on the net are uploaded on sites that you need to pay for to get full speed, if you do a free download your download speed is limited. Doesn't matter how fast your connection is if your source is only giving you tidbits.
    Sam_Gs7 and shafin arshad like this.
    05-17-2018 06:12 AM
    I did tried downloading the file from different sites, but the result was same.
    05-17-2018 08:39 AM
    Thank you but I have already cleared cache and rebooted my phone.
    05-17-2018 08:40 AM
    That's weird 'cause Chrome has one of the faster Downloaders
    compared with others. Clear the cache of your phone it may help
    and follow other advises..That you may receive sooner - Bye

As general knowledge on speed downloaders >>Read this article
    Link : https://www.quora.com/Why-is-the-dow...-other-browser
    Thank you but I've already done clearing the cache and rebooting phone part. Doesn't help.
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    05-17-2018 08:42 AM
    It doesn't matter if you download from different sites if they all link to the same server. Are you able to verify that?

Personally just download the version from the Play Store. If you really want to use that app. Or use something else that has the modded feature you want.
    05-17-2018 11:06 AM
    Download speed depends mainly on the upload speed of the server, how many simultaneous uploads it's doing, and the speed of your internet path from the server. It has very little to do with the speed you're paying for. (A "slow speed" broadband connection is about 20mbps these days. Since the internet itself rarely gives you even a 5mbps connection to anything but nearby server, you'll never get a 20mbps download. But if you're getting a 5mbps video stream, 4 people can be getting streams like that at the same time - if the server can handle it.)

So your problem is probably the server - if it can't upload faster than 50kbps (or if the path from it to you can't), that's what you get.
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    05-17-2018 01:22 PM